Testes: Who might say it? (Answer Key)

Importante: Se você ainda não fez o teste, confira as perguntas aqui.

1) I’m going to jack in my job (UK) [Vou largar meu emprego.]
H) an employee who wants to resign

2) I’m going out for dinner with the missus tonight. [Vou jantar fora com a patroa hoje à noite.]
T) a happy husband

3) They’ll lick the other team for sure. [Eles vão dar um chocolate no outro time, com certeza.]
O) a confident football team supporter

4) I’m buggered! (UK) [Estou um bagaço!]
J) a very tired British person

5) Would you like some more chow? (US) [Você quer mais comida?]
P) a generous host at dinner

6) Is there a ladies here? (UK) [Há banheiro feminino aqui?]
Q) a British woman looking for a toilet

7) Some bozo smashed into my car! (US) [Algum idiota bateu no meu carro!]
R) an angry car owner

8) I need to buy a packet of fags. (UK) [Preciso comprar um maço de cigarros.]
S) a British smoker

9) Oh, aye. Definitely. (UK) [Ah, sim. Com certeza.]
K) a Scotsman in agreement

10) I need to go to the can. (US) [Eu preciso ir ao banheiro.]
M) an American in need of a toilet

11) This is my friend from down under. [Este é meu amigo da Austrália.]
N) the friend of an Australian

12) It’s murder travelling by car in São Paulo. [É um inferno viajar de carro em São Paulo.]
D) an unhappy car driver in São Paulo

13) Studying math sucks! (US) [Estudar matemática é um saco!]
I) a student who hates math

14) Can I have an ice cream, nana? (US) [Posso tomar um sorvete, vovó?]
B) a grandchild

15) I’m pissed! (UK) [Estou bêbado.]
G) a drunken British person

16) I pulled an all-nighter last night. (US) [Varei a noite passada estudando.]
A) a serious American student

17) Good on you, mate! (AUS) [Valeu, amigo!]
F) a grateful Australian

18) I need the report on my desk ASAP. [Eu preciso do relatório na minha mesa o quanto antes.]
C) an impatient boss

19) It was a fantastic trip – we had a real blast! (US) [Foi uma viagem fantástica – nós nos divertimos à beça!]
L) a delighted tourist

20) I always keep a rubber in my wallet. (US) [Eu sempre levo uma camisinha na carteira.]
E) a cautious American
Referência: "SLANG ACTIVITY BOOK - 51 ATIVIDADES DIVERTIDAS PARA APRENDER E PRATICAR GÍRIAS ATUAIS DO INGLÊS - COM CADERNO DE RESPOSTAS" de Jack Scholes, Disal Editora, 2005. Leia a resenha.